Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Super Easy Messy Bun Tutorial


 The messy bun is one of those tricky hairstyles that looks easy, but when you try it you're like....uhh never mind.  After trying tons and tons of Pinterest tutorials , I've finally found one that is super easy!  It took me 2 tries to get it just right, and I consider myself to be hair impaired. So if I can do it, then so can you!

seen in a previous post and also on Instagram

step one.
Brush your hair up to remove any bumps for when you put it in a ponytail.
step two. 
Make a high pony right on top of your head, but don't tie it.
step three.
twist the ponytail all the way to the end
the pony should eventually start twisting in on itself.
step five. 
twist the pony all the way into a bun, and tuck the end piece underneath. Secure all around with bobby pins.
 step six.
Done! no need to pull strands out, it will loosen into a messier bun by the end of the day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the first picture!

    Nathalie | THE COVETING
    thecoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that this is my favourite technique for a messy bun too! I find that most of them are quite hit-or-miss but this one seems to work everytime!

    Joanne | www.fashion-oh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete